REGISTRATION FEE $125.00
40 CLOCK HOURS
This course has been updated and revised with new color enhanced graphics. It is designed for the inspector who is required to recertify by taking the American Welding Society – Part B — Practical Application Examination.
The topics covered will include a review of the Part B – Book of Specifications, use of the inspection kits and nondestructive testing topics. This course also covers inspection of welded samples as well as sample exam questions. The exam on Part B will be given on the last day of the course. This course has at least five hours of assigned homework.
- Identification and use of the inspection kits
- Review of the Book of Specifications Part B
- Filler metal classification and specifications
- Base metal classifications and specifications
- NDT methods and their applications
- Welding discontinuities and defects
- Inspection of welded samples using the inspection kits
- Sample exam using inspection kits, welded samples and book of specifications
- Exam (Exam fee not included in tuition.)