40 Clock Hours
Welding inspection personnel must have a solid background in welding defect analysis and weldment testing. This course can help provide that background. Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to assist in implementing the inspection technique or techniques that will best suit the company’s needs.
- Overview of welding inspection.
- The welding inspector.
- Welding codes, procedures, procedure and welder qualification.
- The arc welding processes.
- Weldment discontinuities/defects, Radiography and lab.
- Visual inspection and lab project.
- The nondestructive testing processes.
- Liquid penetrant.
- Magnetic particle.
- Nondestructive testing lab.
- Destructive testing.